Saturday, March 23, 2013

Welcome to "More than a Med Student"! 

This site hopes to explore the world outside the classroom and soon-to-be hospital. From recipes to politics to books to current events to the random posting of my adorable dog. Browse, comment, and enjoy!

--- 

My life seems to revolve around morning lectures, afternoon labs/small group discussion and evenings of studying - boards are closer than I'd like to admit and the stress is only getting worse. Medical school is hard. No one will tell you otherwise. But I don't want this blog or my life to be completely defined by medical school. As the name implies, there is so much more to my life than sitting for countless hours studying from First Aid. In fact, it is the very things that I do outside of school that keep me sane. 

Boxer mom. Girlfriend to an amazing Brazilian. Avid gym-goer. Spanish speaker. Portuguese learner. Cook (or so I pretend to be). Happy hour lover. Beach bum. And so much more!

Although this is one of the most stressful times in my life I have never been happier, so this blog is to celebrate the people and events who keep me balanced with the occasional med school post - because learning to be a physician has a lot of fun moments too.

No comments:

Post a Comment